Back End Engineer
VendorPM is on a mission to revolutionize the property management industry by being the first in Canada to offer a software-enabled marketplace helping owners and property managers better work with vendors. We transform vendor management - a process that is decentralized, tedious and out-of-date - and streamline it for efficiency and simplicity, all while providing head office with visibility and control.
We’re one of the fastest growing Toronto startups and we’re backed by world-leading SaaS & PropTech funds including; Bessemer Venture Partners, Prudence VC & Navitas Capital.
Our team is passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration so if you have a growth mindset, love a fast paced environment and are looking to make a groundbreaking impact in this industry, you are probably a great fit for our team!
As a Back-End Engineer, you will assist in integrating payments and e-commerce solutions to provide value to our Property Management and Vendor clients, as well as build operational infrastructure around payments systems and improve current infrastructure to support this goal. You have strong foundational knowledge and can work with some autonomy but you also enjoy being part of a rapidly growing team where you'll get to work on interesting projects. You should have experience in a backend role with strong business logic, and payments/e-commerce and security best practices is helpful. At VendorPM, you’ll only work with self-sufficient, autonomous teams - there’s no old fashioned corporate hierarchy.
What’s In It For You
- Pivotal role at a high growth, venture backed company.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive health benefits package including medical care, dental and vision care, life insurance, etc and a health spending account..
- Work from home opportunities, with the option to work from our vibrant downtown Toronto office.
- 3 weeks vacation + Paid sick/wellness days
- Real work/life balance
- Team events
- Collaborative tight-knit team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
As a Member Of Our Team You Will
- Build and integrate payments systems using Node.js
- Manage and secure external API calls
- Setup and maintain system infrastructure
- Prioritize maintainability and code reuse to ensure testability
- Work closely with the Product team to ensure deliverable accuracy and completeness
- Engage and contribute your ideas to product features, product analytics and development process/tools
- Keep our internal wiki (Notion) up-to-date
You’re the Missing Piece of the Puzzle
- 5+ years of Software Development experience.
- Containerisation and cloud-based infrastructure
- Understanding of relational and non-relational data stores
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles and software architecture best practices
- Previous work in e-commerce and payments systems is a plus
- Strong communicator with an independent attitude.
Meet Your Fellow Problem-Solvers
We believe in problem-solving as a team. So why not meet your fellow problem solvers?
Brandon Legault, Director of Engineering
We want to be a surprising and exciting place, but we also want you to know what to expect on your journey, starting with the interview process:
- Interview Process Step 1: Google Meets exploratory call with HR.
- Interview Process Step 2: Interview with Hiring Manager
- Interview Process Step 3: Technical Assignment
Please check out these short explainer videos to learn more about us!
At VendorPM, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported. We aim to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities, and to create an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential. Learn more about what it’s like to be an employee at VendorPM.
*Remote applicants must reside in Canada and have valid Canadian work authorization.