Business Development Exec - Enterprise Sales
VendorPM exists to modernize the way that vendors and property managers work together. We do this by building industry-specific vendor management & procurement software that connects over 6,000 buildings & 40,000 vendors in a single marketplace. We improve efficiency & reduce costs for property managers while driving new business to vendors across the continent.
We’re one of the fastest-growing Toronto startups, a certified “great place to work,” in 2023 recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada, and backed by world-leading SaaS & PropTech funds, including; Bessemer Venture Partners, the former CEO of Twitter, Real Estate leaders, Prudence VC & Navitas Capital.
Our team is passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. If you're passionate about making an impact and putting in the work to get there, you’re likely an excellent fit for our team!
Why You Will Love VendorPM?
Here, you will find a great team to help you achieve your professional goals and you will have clarity around how the work you do everyday impacts the success of the company.
- Hyper growth: VendorPM is growing exponentially and about to launch our 2nd US market
- Exposure to business operations within a rapidly growing start-up: You will have the opportunity to meet and collaborate with department leaders across the business.
- Growth opportunities: You will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth, own projects from start to finish, have access to mentorship, and take on new initiatives.
- Hybrid work model: We have a beautiful office space downtown for those who are looking for nice scenery, but can also continue to enjoy working from home. Ideally, teams are meeting in person once a week.
- Great company culture: Dedicated leadership team committed to helping you build your career in sales while collaborating with a diverse team of talented individuals.
Our culture is what guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, VendorPM might just be the place for you.
We are looking for talented Business Development Associates to join our Property Management Customer, sales team. You will be responsible for expanding our client base across Canada and the USA by contacting and converting property management companies to qualified leads. You will be the voice of VendorPM as we execute and explore new channels of acquiring business.
What You Will Do
Our Business Development Associates serve as the front-line in prospect outreach with the goal of generating qualified opportunities for our sales team. If you are the type of person who likes to forge new paths, tackle new problems, sculpt everything from product to company culture, and have a voice that will actually be heard, you’ll fit right in here.
- Become an expert of the VendorPM platform and the property management industry.
- Own the lead pipeline from initial contact to hand off with a senior sales executive.
- Lead generation through our outbound/inbound strategy through cold calling, emails, and creative channels.
- Booking demos between prospective clients and Account Executives.
- Proactively seek out new opportunities and leverage existing relationships to drive revenue growth.
- Recognize and prioritize opportunities to meet monthly sales objectives.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and launch email and social campaigns.
- Become an expert on targeted accounts: set up Google alerts for news updates, stay abreast of company developments, and build an org chart identifying key decision-makers
- Utilize industry-leading tools to manage pipeline and actively prospect (Salesforce, Salesloft, Zoominfo, Vidyard, Linkedin Sales Navigator)
- Represent VendorPM as a leader at trade shows, conferences, and industry events.
You’re the Missing Piece of the Puzzle
We are looking for a resilient individual who loves the thrill of a sale and a hot lead, and thrives in a team environment. You are a self-starter who is deeply passionate about customer happiness. If you have a growth mindset and are ready for your next challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills - you’re a clear communicator who is concise and able to articulate yourself in a way that builds rapport and confidence of others.
- Excellent written communication skills and are able to craft compelling presentations for introductions.
- 1+ year(s) of experience in an outbound prospecting role – B2B.
- Experience in tech sales, preferably in SaaS and/or Property Management
- Comfort and previous experience with cold calling is a must
- Performance-driven and a proven track record of achieving targets.
- Strong organizational skills and confidence to work autonomously.
- Team-oriented and invested in the success of the team and company.
- Naturally curious, you love to learn and problem solve.
Bonus If You Have
- Experience presenting to C-level executives.
- Experience selling into the proptech, saas or commercial real estate sector is preferred.
VendorPM Colleagues Also Enjoy
- On target earnings of $100,000.00
- Education Budget
- Health benefits package includes medical, dental and vision, etc.
- 3 weeks vacation
- Flexible working arrangements, with the option to work from our vibrant downtown Toronto office or work remotely.
Location: Remote work with flexibility to work in-office. (Remote applicants must reside in Canada and have valid Canadian work authorization).
Meet Your Fellow Problem-Solvers
We want to be a surprising and exciting place, but we also want you to know what to expect on your journey, starting with the interview process:
- Interview Process Step 1: Google Meets exploratory call with Recruiter.
- Interview Process Step 2: Interview with the hiring manager.
Check out these short explainer videos to learn more about our services!
Curious about what working at VendorPM is like? Learn more here.