VendorPM is on a mission to revolutionize the property management industry as the first in Canada to offer a software-enabled marketplace helping owners and property managers better work with vendors. We transform vendor management - a process that is decentralized, tedious and out-of-date - and streamline it for efficiency and simplicity, all while providing head office with visibility and control.
We’re one of the fastest growing Toronto startups, backed by world-leading SaaS & PropTech funds including; Bessemer Venture Partners, Prudence VC & Navitas Capital.
Our team is passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration so if you have a growth mindset, love a fast-paced environment, and are looking to make a groundbreaking impact in this industry, you are probably a great fit for our team!
The Manager, Marketplace Operations, will report to the VP of Operations, and run point on ensuring a geographical team aka "pod", execute against our GTM playbook to retain and grow market share.
This individual would be responsible for the daily workings of their "pod". They will have to bring a high-impact team together in all elements of running a market ie CS, Enterprise Sales, RFQ fulfillment, Vendor claiming etc.
What’s In It For You
- Competitive compensation package and opportunity to participate in Employee Stock Option Plan
- Excellent employee health insurance plan
- 3 weeks vacation + paid sick & wellness days
- Opportunity to make an impact and build your legacy with one of North America's fastest-growing companies
- Familiarize yourself with your given market, through independent research and the handoff process with the Market Launcher.
- The Operations Manager will need to become an expert on local terms, market opportunities, key players, competitive landscape, associations and influences, union implications, and relevant local policies or legislation.
- Work closely with Operations, Sales, Marketing, and CS leaders to build the Market Health and Expansion Playbook
- The GTM playbook will act as your jumping-off point to build the Market Health and Expansion Paybook. Coordinating the efforts of your geo-focused pod: PM CSM, Vendor CSM Enterprise BDR Enterprise AE, RFQ fulfillment. Your mission is to ensure each one of your Pod Members is delivering on plan, optimizing for designated thresholds set in the playbook and put VendorPM in the best position to succeed in the target market
- Demand side density
- Request fulfillment
- Senior Manager, Marketplace Operations
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing on strategies to engage with local associations and position VendorPM as an authority in the space and enhance brand recognition.
- Manage market strategy and priorities: monitor and Interpret marketplace data & insights to shape strategy
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the VendorPMs offering to customers within the target market.
- Work in tandem with functional leadership to determine appropriate resource allocation
- Engage in key or targeted customer/ prospective customer activities.
- Conduct analyses and deliver strategic recommendations to senior management to drive decisions on key priorities such as strategies to increase market share
- This role will facilitate weekly Pod meetings to review scorecard metrics, share project updates and IDS ( Identify, discuss, solve) issues.
- This role will hold daily standups with their Pod for updates and focus for the day
- Travel required within given market/s and occasionally to HO in Toronto to develop key relationships, attend events, strategic planning sessions etc.
You’re the Missing Piece of the Puzzle
- 3+ years of experience focusing on go-to-market strategy, market operations, corporate development or sales operations within Canada.
- Proven experience leading high-performing multi-functional, and remote teams, or project managing initiatives requiring the leadership of multiple remote teams
- Excellent Interpersonal and leadership skills: you understand the importance of developing a healthy team culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development while holding individuals accountable to high-performance standards.
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills -ability to use data to develop and measure sales progress, forecasting, and product execution and engagement.
- Strong understanding of the SaaS sales cycle and service best practices.
- 3+ years of SaaS experience, ideally in sales, business development or technology management