Business Development Intern (F2023)
VendorPM exists to modernize the way that vendors and property managers work together. We do this by building industry-specific vendor management & procurement software that connects over 6,000 buildings & 40,000 vendors in a single marketplace. We improve efficiency & reduce costs for property managers while driving new business to vendors across the continent.
We’re one of the fastest-growing Toronto startups, a certified “great place to work,” in 2023 recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada, and backed by world-leading SaaS & PropTech funds, including; Bessemer Venture Partners, the former CEO of Twitter, Real Estate leaders, Prudence VC & Navitas Capital.
Our team is passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. If you're passionate about making an impact and putting in the work to get there, you’re likely an excellent fit for our team!
Why You Will Love VendorPM?
Here, you will find a great team to help you achieve your professional goals and you will have clarity around how the work you do everyday impacts the success of the company.
- Hyper growth: VendorPM is growing exponentially and about to launch our 2nd US market
- Exposure to business operations within a rapidly growing start-up: You will have the opportunity to meet and collaborate with department leaders across the business.
- Growth opportunities: You will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth, own projects from start to finish, have access to mentorship, and take on new initiatives.
- Hybrid work model: We have a beautiful office space downtown for those who are looking for nice scenery, but can also continue to enjoy working from home. Ideally, teams are meeting in person once a week.
- Great company culture: Dedicated leadership team committed to helping you build your career in sales while collaborating with a diverse team of talented individuals.
What you will do:
- B2B interaction with accounts, and securing targeted clients
- Calling clients to ensure retention and activation of accounts.
- Focus on pipeline leads and building out tasks using a CRM.
- Generating leads through multiple channels.
- Create strategies and implement them to boost retention and conversion rates
Our Ideal Candidate:
Because we’re small, we’re looking for independent thinkers and people who like to tackle ever-evolving problems. If that’s exciting to you, and you have a track record of success doing the following things, then we want you with us:
- Must be a student enrolled in a post-secondary institution program during the work term.
- Available to work full-time hours for either a 4, 8, or 12 month term.
- Sales or Customer Success Experience.
- Must be sales oriented and ready to talk to customers.
- Comfortable with a high-volume of outbound calls.
- Enthusiastic and Dynamic.
- Highly motivated student & extremely determined.
- Experience with CRM is an asset.
Meet your fellow problem-solvers
Emiel Bril , CEO : https://www.linkedin.com/in/emiel-b-a1a4a187/
Neel Bali, Hiring Manager: https://www.linkedin.com/in/neel-bali-47b96b149/
We want to be a surprising and exciting place. But we also want you to know what to expect on your journey, starting with the interview process. Here’s what getting to know us will look like:
Interview process step 1: Google meet with Recruiter
Interview process step 2: Interview with Hiring manager
Please check out these short explainer videos to learn more about us!
For property managers: https://vimeo.com/536057964
For vendors: https://vimeo.com/516330777
What's it like to be an employee at VendorPM? Learn more here:
VendorPM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.