Customer Success Intern (W2023)
Who we are and what we do
Property management is hard. Particularly large-scale property management. When it comes to balancing working with vendors, managing contracts, taking bids for work, scoping & scheduling the work, and making sure the property is kept in tip-top shape - it often takes multiple people in full-time roles. And most of it shockingly hasn’t evolved beyond being managed with 90’s era technology. Email, excel, and pen-and-paper is where the industry is stuck. If you’ve ever worked in an office building or lived in an apartment high rise that had janky elevators, wasn’t quite the cleanest, or just didn’t quite seem like it was on top of general maintenance, they probably needed VendorPM’s help.
This isn’t a small problem either. We estimate that this is a $400B+ market that we can really make a difference in. That’s why we raised three rounds of funding from tier 1 VCs - to build a platform that makes general maintenance easier, and help give property managers visibility into areas that might be falling through the cracks. We’re passionate about bringing this to the world, and we want you along on this journey.
Grow with us
Opportunities for growth here are numerous, but to name a few for this role:
- Exposure to business operations within a rapidly growing startup: you will have an opportunity to meet and collaborate with department leaders across the business
- High growth - we achieved 10x growth in Q1 and are determined to triple our success by year end
- Opportunity to grow and expand within VendorPM. You will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth, opportunity to own projects from start to finish, have access to mentorship, and take on new initiatives
- Hybrid work model - we have recently acquired a beautiful office space downtown for those who are looking for nice scenery but will continue flexibility for working at home. Ideally, teams are meeting in person once a week
- We have a leadership team that is committed to building the best place for top talent to work and take an invested interest in the success of our team members
What you will do:
- Improve our relationships between VendorPM and our partners. Ensure that we are providing the best possible support in the most efficient way possible.
- Ensure data clean up of documents to be translated into readable data and ready for the implementation process.
- Maintain constant communication with clients (property managers) to engage them with utilizing the platform through the RFQ process.
- Utilizing the tech stack to ensure all required information is kept up to date on the system.
- Support other departments on any ad hoc duties.
- Use your findings to suggest recommendations to refine VendorPM’s onboarding process.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Because we’re small, we’re looking for independent thinkers and people who like to tackle ever-evolving problems. If that’s exciting to you, and you have a track record of success doing the following things, then we want you with us:
- Must be a student enrolled in a post-secondary institution program during the work term.
- Available to work full-time hours for either a 4, 8, or 12 month term.
- You are customer-centric, naturally curious and undaunted by complex problems.
- Communication, emotional intelligence and professionalism are key traits of yours.
- You have the ability to learn new complex software tools quickly.
- Exceptional time management, and multi-tasking capability. You thrive in an environment of uncertainty and change
- Ability to understand, and communicate technical requirements and its impact on the business
Meet your fellow problem-solvers
- Emiel Bril, CEO : https://www.linkedin.com/in/emiel-b-a1a4a187/
- Lisa Winberg, VP of CS: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisawinberg/
We want to be a surprising and exciting place. But we also want you to know what to expect on your journey, starting with the interview process. Here’s what getting to know us will look like:
- Interview process step 1: Google Meets call with Recruiter
- Interview process step 2: Interview with Hiring manager
Please check out these short explainer videos to learn more about us!
For property managers: https://vimeo.com/536057964
For vendors: https://vimeo.com/516330777
What's it like to be an employee at VendorPM? Learn more here
VendorPM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.