Customer Operations Intern (W2023)
Who we are and what we do
Property management is hard. Particularly large-scale property management. When it comes to balancing working with vendors, managing contracts, taking bids for work, scoping & scheduling the work, and making sure the property is kept in tip-top shape - it often takes multiple people in full-time roles. And most of it shockingly hasn’t evolved beyond being managed with 90’s era technology. Email, excel, and pen-and-paper is where the industry is stuck. If you’ve ever worked in an office building or lived in an apartment high rise that had janky elevators, wasn’t quite the cleanest, or just didn’t quite seem like it was on top of general maintenance, they probably needed VendorPM’s help.
This isn’t a small problem either. We estimate that this is a $400B+ market that we can really make a difference in. That’s why we raised three rounds of funding from tier 1 VCs - to build a platform that makes general maintenance easier, and help give property managers visibility into areas that might be falling through the cracks. We’re passionate about bringing this to the world, and we want you along on this journey.
Grow with us
Opportunities for growth here are numerous, but to name a few for this role:
- Exposure to business operations within a rapidly growing startup: you will have an opportunity to meet and collaborate with department leaders across the business
- High growth - we achieved 10x growth in Q1 and are determined to triple our success by year end
- Opportunity to grow and expand within VendorPM. You will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth, opportunity to own projects from start to finish, have access to mentorship, and take on new initiatives
- Hybrid work model - we have recently acquired a beautiful office space downtown for those who are looking for nice scenery but will continue flexibility for working at home. Ideally, teams are meeting in person once a week
- We have a leadership team that is committed to building the best place for top talent to work and take an invested interest in the success of our team members
- Reach out to vendor clients via phone calls and emails to support them in uploading quotes to bid on jobs.
- Ensuring client satisfaction of property managers and maintaining constant communication with vendors to facilitate a smooth RFQ fulfillment process.
- Monitoring account data and client usage info and stats with our BI tools.
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients to mitigate any negative product experiences over the phone.
- Act as a liaison between Vendor and Enterprise Customer Success departments.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A detail-oriented approach to customer success management
- The ability to utilize and suggest improvements in current data reporting methods
- Work alongside the customer success team to ensure overall customer retention
- Work with the product team to analyze user behaviour and suggest product improvements to better service accounts.
- Understand the dynamic of both the demand and supply side of our marketplace, and ensure that CS duties facilitate smooth interactions with both user types
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Must be a student enrolled in a post-secondary institution program during the work term.
- Available to work full-time hours for either a 4, 8, or 12 month term.
- Comfortable with making outbound calls daily.
- You know your way around a CRM, familiarity with HubSpot and Metabase is an asset.
- You get it done.
- You are well organized.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You are results-focused and have a proven track record of success in a quota-carrying role.
- You always want what's best for your clients.
Meet your fellow problem-solvers
We believe in problem solving as a team. So why not meet your squad now?
- Emiel Bril , CEO : https://www.linkedin.com/in/emiel-b-a1a4a187/
- Victor Dagher, Customer Operations Manager: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vdagher/
We want to be a surprising and exciting place. But we also want you to know what to expect on your journey, starting with the interview process. Here’s what getting to know us will look like:
- Interview process step 1: Google Meets call with Recruiter
- Interview process step 2: Interview with Hiring manager
Please check out these short explainer videos to learn more about us!
For property managers: https://vimeo.com/536057964
For vendors: https://vimeo.com/516330777
What's it like to be an employee at VendorPM? Learn more here
VendorPM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.