Senior FrontEnd Engineer
We exist to modernize the way that vendors and property managers work together. We do this by building industry-specific vendor management & procurement software that connects over 6,000 buildings & 40,000 vendors in a single marketplace. We improve efficiency & reduce cost for property managers while driving new business to vendors across the continent.
We’re one of the fastest-growing Toronto startups, a certified “great place to work,” and backed by world-leading SaaS & PropTech funds, including; Bessemer Venture Partners, the former CEO of Twitter, Real Estate leaders, Prudence VC & Navitas Capital.
Our team is passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration - if you are passionate about making an impact and putting in the work to get there, you’re likely a great fit for our team!
As a Front End Engineer, you will help our engineering team design and develop elegant front-end solutions. The right candidate will be passionate about challenging, extending, and improving our frontend framework to create exceptional user experiences across our platform and implement them in a modular, scalable manner. At VendorPM, you’ll only work with self-sufficient, autonomous teams - there’s no old-fashioned corporate hierarchy.
What’s In It For You
- Pivotal role at a high-growth, venture-backed company.
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits package including LTD, paramedical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc.
- Fully remote work-from-home opportunities, with the option to work from our vibrant downtown Toronto office.
- Competitive paid time off package
- Work/life balance
- Team events
- A collaborative, tight-knit team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Maternity and parental leave top up.
As a Member Of Our Team, You Will
- Design and develop rich front-end experiences and connect with APIs developed by your team.
- Collaborate with back-end engineers and the Product team to improve usability, design, and implement solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to review requirements and design specifications.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Prioritize maintainability and code reuse to ensure testability.
- Engage and contribute your ideas to product features, product analytics, and development processes/tools.
You’re the Missing Piece of the Puzzle
- Minimum of 5 years of Software Development experience.
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, (GraphQL is a bonus).
- Proficiency in web design is a plus.
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles and software architecture best practices
- Proven ability to lead project initiatives from ideation to completion, including rollout, documentation, monitoring, and analytics.
- Familiarity with product and design life cycles and collaborating closely with designers, engineers, and product managers.
- Strong communicator with an independent attitude.
Meet Your Fellow Problem-Solvers
We believe in problem-solving as a team. So why not meet your fellow problem solvers?
Brandon Legault, Director of Engineering
We want to be a surprising and exciting place, but we also want you to know what to expect on your journey, starting with the interview process:
- Interview Process Step 1: Google Meets exploratory call with HR.
- Interview Process Step 2: Interview with Hiring Manager
- Interview Process Step 3: Technical Assignment
Please check out these short explainer videos to learn more about us!
At VendorPM, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported. We aim to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities and to create an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential. Learn more about what it’s like to be an employee at VendorPM.
*Remote applicants must reside in Canada and have valid Canadian work authorization.